Types of Florida Property Damage

When people think of property damage in Florida, the first thing that comes to mind is usually hurricane damage. While this is a big issue in Florida, it isn’t the only type of property damage that homeowners and business owners have to contend with.

Below is more information about the most common types of property damage in Florida, what to do when you experience property damage, and what to do if your insurance company decides they don’t want to pay for the damage to your property.

Common Types of Property Damage in Florida

There are a few common forms of property damage that Florida property owners have to deal with. These include:

  • Hurricane
  • Flood
  • Smoke and fire
  • Wind
  • Water

It’s very important to understand what forms of damage your insurance does and does not cover. For instance, your insurance provider may not cover water and flood damage. You may need to purchase additional insurance to ensure you are covered during hurricanes, floods, and other disasters.

What to Do When You Experience Property Damage

There are a few things you’ll want to do as soon as you experience property damage (after the emergency has passed)

Take an Inventory

It’s important to take a thorough inventory of what was damaged after an emergency. You can provide this list to your insurance company, so they know what financial reimbursement you require. It’s a good idea to take photos and record videos for evidence.

Reach Out to Your Insurance Company

After you’ve taken an inventory, contact your insurance provider (or providers) to file a claim (or claims). They are required to reply in a timely manner (generally 90 days or less). Your insurance company will send a claims adjuster to determine the extent of the damage and how much the insurance company should pay.

Reach Out to Colucci Law Group if Your Insurance Company Won’t Pay

Your insurance company paying shouldn’t be a problem, but sometimes it is. Some companies will do everything they can to delay or reject your claim. They may claim you are owed less than what is fair, the form of damage isn’t covered, or the emergency wasn’t what actually caused the damage.

If you are having trouble with your insurance company and they either don’t want to pay or want to pay less than you deserve, contact Colucci Law Group. We provide expert support to our clients and are able to help combat bad-faith claim denials. One of our Property Damage Expert Attorneys will represent you in a suit against your insurance provider, and we will fight to ensure you get the money you are owed.

If you would like to learn more about the property insurance legal services we provide, contact Colucci Law Group today. We will negotiate or litigate on your behalf to ensure your insurance company pays your claim.

If you suspect that you are the victim of a bad-faith insurance claim denial or you would like support filing a claim, we can help. The Colucci Law Group has the resources to assess the validity of your claim at no cost to you. For a free consultation, email us or call our Clearwater office at 727-733-9438. You may also call our Panama City office at 850-542-1111 .

Our team assists victims of bad faith insurance claims across the state of Florida.