The 2023 Florida hurricane season wasn’t the worst ever, but it also had moments that were quite eventful (especially when it came to Hurricane Idalia). Below is a quick breakdown of the 2023 Florida hurricane season, which includes both what was expected to happen and what actually did.

If you were hit by Idalia during the 2023 Florida Hurricane season and you are filing a property insurance claim, you’ll also find some helpful information below. If you need help filing your claim or your claim was denied in bad faith, reach out to Colucci Law Group for support in getting the money you are owed.

What Was Expected for the 2023 Florida Hurricane Season

Going into the 2023 hurricane season, there were expectations of fewer storms due to the switch from La Nina to El Nino this year. While there were expected to be fewer, this didn’t mean that they would be any less intense, though.

NOAA was predicting about 12 to 17 named storms, with around 5 to 9 of them becoming hurricanes. They also predicted a 40% chance of a near-normal hurricane season, with the remaining 60% being split between above-normal and below-normal.

What The Hurricane Season Looked Like

As it turned out, the 2023 Atlantic hurricane season was on the “more active” side, with there being 6 hurricanes and 17 named storms. Hurricane Idalia was particularly destructive, with homes being destroyed by winds and flooding. There were also major damages caused to the Florida timberlands, with damages reaching nearly an estimated $65 million.

Many homes were damaged and destroyed, particularly in Horseshoe Beach, Steinhatchee, Lake City, Live Oak, Perry, Cedar Key, and Keaton Beach. Idalia also affected Tampa Bay, causing serious flooding.

This has left many residents scrambling to file insurance claims and try to mitigate as much of the damage as possible.

Filing Your Property Insurance Claim

If your property was damaged during the 2023 hurricane season, you’ll want to file your insurance claim as soon as possible. Make sure you document the damage in detail, which includes taking photos and shooting videos of the damage. You’ll also want to collect and save any communications from your insurance provider, whether they be physical or digital. You may even want to consider recording calls with your insurance company in case they need to be used in court.

When you file your claim, consider hiring Colucci Law Group for support. We specialize in filing property insurance claims and fighting against bad faith claim denials.

What If My Insurance Provider Denies My Claim in Bad Faith?

Your insurance company is obligated to pay out your claim if it is legitimate, filed properly, and filed on time. If they decide to deny your claim in bad faith, though, don’t give up! Reach out to Colucci Law Group for support.

Colucci Law Group consists of legal experts who provide clients with support to fight bad faith claim denials. We will provide you with an expert property insurance lawyer to represent you in a suit against your insurance provider. We are also able to file your claim for you and defend your rights, so you get the settlement that you deserve.

For more information about our property insurance legal services, reach out today. We’d be happy to help you to file your claim or represent you in a lawsuit against your insurance provider.

If you suspect that you are the victim of a bad faith insurance claim denial, we can help. The Colucci Law Group has the resources to assess the validity of your claim at no cost to you. For a free consultation, email us or call our Dunedin office at 727-733-9438. You may also call our Fort Myers office at 239-378-7800. Our team assists victims of bad-faith insurance claims across the state of Florida.